Thursday 2 July 2015


''I’d like to go outside by bike because
Netherlands is the Bicycle Kingdom''








Name: Xinxin Wang
Year: 2
Course: Landscape Architecture
Location: Netherlands
Duration: 5 months




Why did you decide to take part Landscape Exchange?

It’s a great chance to study aboard. Take part in exchange program can provide me more information about other country. I would be happy to know not only about the landscape, but also about the culture things. Exchange program can let me learn about the differences between European countries.


How did you decide on your location?

I choose the Netherlands because I really like it since I was young. Netherlands is famous for its landscape projects. I like the beautiful views there. And my favourite painter, Van Gogh, was born in Netherlands.


What will you be doing during your time there?

First of all, I would experience the courses in Wageningen University, find out the differences between there and here in University of Sheffield. Then I’d like to visit some gallery and museum there. I would also spend my free time to visit some famous landscape projects. If possible, I’d like to go outside by bike because Netherlands is the Bicycle Kingdom.


What are you most looking forward to?

That should be the beautiful and amazing landscape projects that I can see in Netherlands. Those would not only provide me professional knowledge but also improve my aesthetic standard.


Is there anything you feel apprehensive about?

Of course the planting in Netherlands as well as the design forms and construction material use.


What do you hope to get out of your time there?

I hope to learn more about how to design landscape appropriately in real world. I also want to keep fit by cycling everyday.



No comments:

Post a Comment