Monday 6 July 2015

''It is an incredible opportunity for us to experience different cultures and meet different people''



Name: Lin Dong
Year: 2
Course: Landscape Architecture


Location: Netherlands
Duration: 5 months

Why did you decide to take part Landscape Exchange?


It is an incredible opportunity for us to experience different culture and meet different people in different country. Of course I love British culture and people, but I am sure I will find something very interesting in Netherlands too. Studying Landscape Architecture in a new view is also important for me, I would like to learn more about LA through this exchange program.


How did you decide on your location?


There are many artists I love born in Netherlands, like Van Gogh and Rembrandt... I really want to experience the "art atmosphere" there. Another important reason is my friend Xinxin also go there with me.


What will you be doing during your time there?


Most important thing is taking the course in Wageningen University apparently, and galleries and museums have to be the normal things in our life there! Since I have a long Schengen Visa, I think we would definitely go for travelling a lot. Seeing some famous landscape projects also seems a wonderful idea in our exchange life.


What are you most looking forward to?


That would be the galleries I think, and the landscape projects.


Is there anything you feel apprehensive about?


Yes, so many things. Like the accommodation, the visa, the course, the language......


What do you hope to get out of your time there?


I would probably spend most time hanging around all the parks, galleries and some interesting places.



No comments:

Post a Comment