Friday 3 July 2015

''The fascinating culture and history of 

Japan has always been my interest.''





Name: Mingyi Li

Year: 2nd
Course: Landscape Architecture

Location: Japan
Duration: October – January



Why did you decide to take part Landscape Exchange?


Landscape Exchange was the only opportunity for me to live and study in Japan. It provides me a chance to explore and experience another country’s culture not as a tourist, but as a student and resident.


How did you decide on your location?


I like going to countries with different cultural background and environment. Japan has its unique landscaping culture compare with the UK and China. I personally love Japan as a country. The fascinating culture and history of Japan have always been my interest.


What will you be doing during your time there?


I’ll try to take as many modules as I can, to learn more knowledge about Japan and landscape. I’ll also join the internship in a company or institution through the International Intership module. I would also love to spend my spare time on traveling around Japan.


What are you most looking forward to?


I’m looking forward to visiting Janpan’s ancient and modern landscape, meeting new people, and learning another language. I’m also looking forward to taking courses about Japanese landscape design and horticulture at Chiba University.


Is there anything you feel apprehensive about?


I’m a bit worry about the language barrier, as I only know basic Japanese. To make sure I won’t become isolated, I’m currently self learning Japanese.


What do you hope to get out of your time there?


I hope to get some working experience through the International Intership module. I also hope the experience of being an exchange student will help me form a more dynamic and broad view for my future landscaping projects.

No comments:

Post a Comment